This was one of the favorite recipes we made for Christopher’s 30th Birthday this year!
They were such a hit that I think we may have to put them on our holiday appetizer list!
Chicken and Waffle Nachos Recipe
- The Chicken Spice Rub:
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- Maple Mustard Sriracha Syrup:
- 1/2 cup maple Sr. 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown mustard….1 TBSP Sriracha
- 1/4 cup butter
- Other Ingredients:
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenders, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Oil for frying
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 8 oz shredded Mexican cheese
- Mexican crema or sour cream to drizzle
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Eggo frozen waffles toasted and cut into 4 equal pieces
Mix the ingredients together for the spice rub then toss with chicken; coat well.
Set up dredging station with the beaten eggs in a dish and the flour in another. Coat the chicken in the egg and then the flour.
Heat oil in skillet or in deep fryer and fry the chicken in batches. Set aside to drain.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Remove pan from oven and top each waffle with chicken and secure with a toothpick. Drizzle with the syrup, a bit of crema and sprinkle with green onion.