Summer is not even here yet, but in Pensacola, it was well over 90 degrees today!
Since it’s already too hot to turn on the stove, I mixed up this delicious crab pasta salad that will keep you out of the kitchen for days!
Toss your chopped vegetables in with the cooled rotini…
Whisk together all the dressing ingredients…
Pour it over the pasta and gently stir…
Add the diced imitation crab meat, shredded cheese and olives…
It will look absolutely delicious like this!
**Real crab meat is delicious in most recipes. If you do decide to use it in this recipe, it’s best eaten in the first day as it will get watery and grainy.
**You can also substitute yogurt for the mayo– but not Greek yogurt as the texture will not be correct.
Lisa’s Summer Crab Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 lb box tri-color rotini noodles, cooked per directions on box, drained and completely cooled
- 8 oz pkg imitation crab, diced small
- 1 can large black olives, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery, diced small
- 3–4 baby sweet peppers, chopped small
- 2 cups shredded mozarella cheese
- 2 cups mayo
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Italian dressing of your choice
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP yellow mustard
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 1 TBSP Old Bay seasoning
- 1 TBSP Morton’s Nature Seasoning
In medium bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until combined.
In a large bowl, combine the rotini and diced vegetables.
Pour the dressing over the salad mixture and gently stir.
Add the imitation crab, shredded cheese and olives.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight to bring out the best flavors.