I’ve made this version of fruit trifle for years, most of the time with Angel Food Cake or Sara Lee Strawberry Pound Cake…this week, I used my own Pound Cake that fell apart after baking…because it was still really delicious!
Lisa’s Pound Cake & Fruit Trifle Recipe
- 1 store bought or prepared angel food cake or pound cake loaf, torn into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 container strawberry glaze
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 can pineapple tidbits (20 oz.), drained
- 1 package (1.4 oz.) fat free instant banana pudding ( you can also use vanilla or cheesecake flavor if you like)
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 containers cool whip
Combine the strawberries with the glaze. Slice the banana and sprinkle with a bit of lemon juice. Drain the pineapple. Set all the fruit aside.
In a medium sized bowl, add pudding packet and 2 cups cold skim milk. Whisk for 2 minutes until it starts to thicken, set aside.
Next, stir in the sweetened condensed milk and 1 container of cool whip.
In your trifle bowl, layer pieces of the pound cake, strawberries, bananas, pineapple, and then the pudding mixture; repeat.
Place the remaining 8 oz cool whip on top.
I crumbled a few Vanilla Wafers on top…just because!
See, even when a previous recipe goes wrong, just a few more ingredients can turn it into something most delicious!