The delicious ingredients…
I think you could use frozen creamed corn, but we’re going all the way and roasting 3 ears in the oven…
Lisa’s Corn and Crab Chowder Recipe
- 3 ears fresh, roasted corn, cut off the cob
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red sweet pepper
- 2 TBSP butter
- 28 oz chicken broth
- 1 TBSP Tony Chachere’s Cajun Seasoning & 1 tsp Morton’s Nature’s Seasoning
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded crab meat–I used some snow crab from Publix that I had them steam for me
In a large pot, cook onion and sweet pepper in butter over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until nearly tender. Add the seasonings.
Pour in the corn, bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
Whisk the remaining chicken broth and the flour until smooth, Stir into soup.
Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly another minute or 2.
Stir in half-and-half and the shredded crab meat; heat through.